William David Nugent: Survivor of the Little Bighorn

 


William David Nugent


To start with let me state firmly that the editor of the present book is not my grandson. Blood is blood and I believe that the boy is getting confused about who his real grandmothers were or maybe just overexercising poetic privilege. If you want say that I was like a second mother to him, I’ll accept a degree of that designation. I taught all five of my boys to be polite, to stand up straight, to speak the English language grammatically, and to read good books--when we could find any. There was no circulating library in Grayson County in the 1850s when we raised our family there. I don’t know what all kinds of mischief my laddies got into, because I never wanted to, but I assumed there was plenty of it, because boys will be boys.


THE REST OF THIS ESSAY HAS BEEN REMOVED PENDIN PUBLICATION IN BOOK FORM. IT WILL

APPEAR IN BOOK FORM ON AMAZON WITHIN THE NEXT TWO MONTHS. TODAY IS 24

APRIL 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment